In a relationship with him for 1 year and 4 months. We were in a long-distance relationship. As we all know, the love bombing from a narc is super exciting! It felt like he was my true love, he treated me so special, introduced me to his family and already talked about marriage. I had known this guy (at the time we started dating) for about 8 years. I was friends with him when he got married and then he got divorced because his ex-wife cheated on him. He told me the story and blamed her for everything. When we were in a relationship, he often bad-mouthed his ex-wife.
And then some painful things happened, things that a lover will never do to a person they love.
1. He was verbally abusive. He called me a bitch and a psychotic stalker. There was time when he had a rough time and ignored me, so I asked what was wrong. Because of that I got called a psychotic stalker. I was really mad that time and I asked him to apologize for that heartbreaking title and he didn’t. Instead, he sent me a GIF of a man laughing so hard, like he was laughing in my face saying, "No, I won’t ever apologize for that."
2. He ignored me most of the time. He even left me without saying anything, putting me in silent treatment twice. And each silent treatment lasted for about 1 month. I was going crazy that time and I bet he enjoyed it. I bet he enjoyed there was a person begging for him.
3. He tended to avoid discussion to solve problems. Everytime I wanted to discuss things to solve things, he saw it as me trying to pick a fight. I swear I never intended to start a fight, because this whole time I was the one who apologized everytime we had arguments and ended up crying. I never wanted a fight with him.
4. He blocked me in every argument, then disappeared. Just like that: silent treatment.
5. He often made me jealous by bringing up names from his past. He accused me of cheating and I swore I didn’t. I once got sick and he didn’t even believe me. He said, "I don’t care."
6. He hijacked every conversation. Everytime I wanted to share my story of the day, everytime I wanted to complain about things (which I rarely do), he would slowly change the topic and focus to him. He didn’t seem to care about what happened to me.
7. When he had a problem I had to be there for him or else he would get moody. But when I had a problem, he was never there to calm me down.
8. He talked bad about me to his sister and I don’t know what he said to her. All I know is that his sister hated me. She didn’t know what her brother had done to me. I didn’t tell her because I kept blaming myself.
From all those things I mentioned, I forgave him. I forgave him for everything.
I stayed by his side even though he left me twice and came back.
Early in March, we didn’t talk that much for 2 weeks. That made me miss him so much. And as usual, he didn’t understand, no matter how many times I said i miss him. March 13th, he left me. He dumped me because he said he doubted that he wanted to continue to handle the emotional rollercoaster. You know what? I only missed him. Is it so wrong that i missed him so much and he didn’t try to understand and it made me cranky?
Then he blocked me after that message. I tried to let go.
Then a week after that, i found out he is in a relationship with a new girl. And you know what? They started dating on March 13. I broke into pieces.
That’s when I realized he cheated on me.
The date he left me is the date of him dating a new girl.
Nobody will jump to relationships out of blue so I’m sure he had been flirting with her while he was still with me.
Can you imagine how broken I was when I found it out? I fell sick, I cried every single night, I almost did self harm because the pain in my heart killing me inside. I wanted to cut myself to replace the pain in my heart that I couldn’t see or touch. But I stopped when I was about to do it. I realized it wouldn’t do anything good for me. I shared my story with my best friends and let them know what happened to me and let them know that I desperately needed help. And also I asked for help from a professional for my mental condition.
I’ve now blocked him in every contact and social media in case he starts hoovering. I don’t want him. I want my peace back. I want my mental health back. I feel better now. I realize my self-worth and I don’t care anything about him anymore. Let the new supply realize that by herself. I won’t say anything.
Dear Narcissistic Ex,
I loved you
I cared about you
but I was wrong.
You were sick that whole time
Trash will always attract trash.
And thank you for showing me your true colors.